The verdict is in. Video content is the most engaging kind of marketing tool out there. You need it, your competitors need it and just about every other business needs it to stand out from the rest. As you can imagine, this makes it a competitive industry and propels the challenge for video production agencies to stand out amidst the chorus.
- How to choose the right video production agency?
- Build a content brief. List your objectives clearly.
- Put together a Budget
- List down the companies you want to talk with
- Arriving at the right "Showreel"
- Get a Meeting
- 10 Best Video Production Agencies to Check Out
- Kasra Design
- Cut Canvas Creative
- Spin Creative
- Pluck Studio
- Shoot You
- Early Light Media
But all is not lost though. Choosing the right video agency can increase your chances exponentially to showcase your product to potential customers..
Whether you are just a fledgling startup or a well-established company with years behind it, knowing how to pick a winning agency is important. So how do you do exactly that? Let’s find out.
How to choose the right video production agency?
Most companies don’t have the budget to hire and retain a full-time video production team. And that’s fine. Instead, you can choose an external agency with a proven track record in creating compelling videos.
It’s important to know which agency is suitable for you. Are you producing a full-length movie or just a short explainer video to promote your products? Answering these questions is essential before embarking on the hunt for the right video production company.
Here’s how you do it.
Build a content brief. List your objectives clearly.
Your content brief is basically the building blocks behind what kind of a video marketing content you need for yourself.
A good, detailed content brief includes information related to:
- Your business
- Your target audience
- Key messages that you need to convey
- The objectives and goals that you want to achieve with the video
Compiling this information gives you a laser-focused perspective. It makes your search for the right video content production agency easier. Not only does it help you save precious time, but it also makes those initial discussions far less confusing for all stakeholders.
Put together a Budget
Clients usually don’t have an idea of the budget for a video production because costs and prices vary according to video style (whether animated or 3D), duration (the longer the duration, the costlier it can get) and the complexity of the video (such as a complex narrative with multiple characters)
Of course, if this is your first rodeo, here’s how you can determine what kind of budget to set for your project. It is a good idea to get quotes from a few video production companies, at least three to get a better understanding of market rates.
This will help you set up a budget.
List down the companies you want to talk with
To conduct your search for the perfect video production company, there are three methods that you can employ:
- Get recommendations from other marketers and businesses. Get in touch with someone trustworthy and ask their preferences. That way you can narrow down the most reliable companies out there.
- Check out videos from other brands and their social channels. Don’t restrict yourself to competitors’ videos. You never know when you could find something stylistically different yet relevant to your own brand. If the video delivers a message in a clear and compelling way, you got your answer.
- If all else fails, Google it. Search for a video production company according to your needs. You will get access to showreels that show off many styles and approaches to getting the point across. Narrow it down by observing what works for your product and brand.
Arriving at the right “Showreel”
When it comes to showreels, it is important that you look for something that drives people to try out a product. A video can be as creative and sophisticated as the producers want, but what you’re looking for is something that can help you convert customers.
So, you need a team that understands precisely how they can help you meet business objectives at the end of the day.
Get a Meeting
Now you have 3 main contenders you’d like to work with, and it’s time to choose which one to go with. Nothing a good old-fashioned face to face meeting or video conference wouldn’t solve.
As a general rule of thumb, you are not looking to gauge their creative ability and skills and expertise at this particular juncture. You now want to get a feel of their culture and personality since they will be working closely with you.
If the folks who are making your video are a good match with your organizational values and culture, it increases your chances of success. Here are a few questions that you need to ask them:
- What services do they offer? Are these services in-house or outsourced? Services might include scripts, voice overs, and more. Discuss everything so that you are reasonably convinced that they can deliver.
- How will they manage the video project?
- Are edits and revisions included?
- Discuss the timeline for deliverables and help assuage their concerns about deadlines. Always leave some extra wiggle room for edits. You don’t want a rushed job when you can allow for perfection.
- Last but not the least, ask the video production agencies for their suggestions and quotes. Of course, this document should also include a timeline along with a quote breakdown. This will ultimately help you determine which company has the right vision to execute your project.
10 Best Video Production Agencies to Check Out
Now that you have all the information you need to choose the right video production agency, we take a look at some of the best ones out there.
Got a product that leaves people scratching their heads? Well, it shouldn’t be this way. Sandwich helps you create easy to understand commercials and explainers about how magical your product is.
Get completely customized videos that help you convert leads to loyal customers. Be it animated videos, training videos and more, Kasra Design does it all. Supercharge your brand identity with the right professionals today.
Cut Canvas Creative
Live-action videos that give off Oscar-production quality vibes? That’s Cut Canvas Creative’s showreel in a nutshell. The company caters to everyone – from tech startups to non-profit social enterprises.
Need compelling video content to tell powerful stories? Covalent has the experience and technical gravitas to convey your point of view to a global audience.
A top notch video production agency that has done work for tech giants, Spin Creative delivers creative, compelling and emotional content that makes quite the first impression.
Be it a startup, established brands or even Fortune 500 companies, Pluck Studio has proven its mettle in exciting generations of fans. With them, you can tell your brand’s story with a lot of heart.
Communicate your message clearly and succinctly with Shoot You, a global video production agency with offices in London, New York and Amsterdam. The company offers both live-action and animation content productions for your needs.
Early Light Media
Sometimes, you want to tell stories that appeal to our inner humanity. Early Light Media are pros at this sort of emotional storytelling. Be it commercial, documentary or business-oriented projects, they do it all.
One of the top-rated video agencies in the US, VeracityColab helps you boost your sales, impress clients and more. Infuse your product marketing with a quirky personality of their animated video shorts. You can also go the live-action route if need be.
If you are looking for high-quality yet affordable video content, LemonLight has the answer for you. No matter what industry you belong to, this global video production agency has got everything for everyone.
Now that you’re up to speed about things to consider when hunting for a video content agency, why not get in touch with us for a free consultation about your next video production?
We’ll be happy to set up a time of your choosing. Let us help you realize your vision.👍